Near BPO Professional Services deliverables have guided Banorte in a successful and pain-free Apigee Edge platform implementation. Now Banorte digital transformation has started enabling innovation.
How Mexican bank Banorte exposed secure APIs to create new digital business models with the Apigee practice of Near BPO Professional Services.
Grupo Financiero Banorte (Banorte) is a Mexican banking and financial services holding company with headquarters in Monterrey and Mexico City. It is the second largest commercial bank of Mexico by assets and loans and the largest retirement fund administrator. Banorte has 1,269 branches, 7,297 ATMs nationwide and 27,000 employees.
They have been implementing Apigee Edge platform with Near BPO Consulting and Professional Services since January 2018.
- Banorte had developed access points to its services and/or products exposing them externally to the Internet, however, they were exposed according to specific independent projects, with no standard that allowed reuse by multiple entities or third parties.
- Banorte needed to expose its services and products externally to be used by multiple entities or third parties in a secure easy and scalable way.
- An independent installation had to be made in its infrastructure and systems for any entire company of external entities that consume Banorte products or services.
- Banorte acquired the intelligent API platform Apigee Edge and hired Near BPO Professional Services to transform their business into a digital business.
- Banorte first step was to had a Blueprint* to build the foundation for Banorte API program share information with Near BPO team to gathering requirements to facilitate the scoping of their API program and learn about the Apigee Accelerator Program best practices.
- A Proxy template was created to Banorte as a developer pattern including share flows.
- The personalization and implementation of business APIs were carried out.
- The Developer Portal was enabled and an Apigee Edge Organization was synchronized with it in order to expose the created APIs, so that developers could start consuming them with ease.
- Banorte counts with a Developer Portal to expose APIs to developers, external and internal, can create new secure apps easier and faster.
- New APIs are being created to create new connected digital experiences for partners, clients and employees.
- Banorte can have analytics, visibility, and control of all the API calls.
- Getting ready to grow. Banorte new model is sufficiently robust and scalable to meet the requirements of innovation and to work with partners outsource in whole or in part, the flows of the processes of its value chain.